Trains, planes, and automobiles


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
July 4th 2005
Published: July 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

This won't be a very long update, as we didn't really do much of any excitement today, but I felt I had to write since I was finally able to get onto my own computer from our hotel room. It's very nice to actually know where all of the keys are. Today we took the train from Florence to Naples and then into Salerno. We decided to drag our bags from our apartment to the train station again, although this time we knew where we were going, so it didn't take nearly as long. We had heard how aggressive the people in Naples were, trying to get you to take their taxis and such, so we were ready to fight back. I think we were all relieved (and maybe a little disappointed) to find that it wasn't that bad. We somehow ended up on a commuter train from Naples to Salerno, so it took forever. Once we got there, we got to take the boat from Salerno into Positano. That was very cool, scenic and much better than the bus would have been. Then we took a local bus from the beach up to our hotel. Throughout our journey today, we hadn't gotten a chance to eat at all, so we were starving by the time we got here. We had a great dinner at a restaurant a little ways down the hill. They don't take credit cards, and we didn't have cash, but they said no problem, we can just pay them tomorrow! Positano is absolutely beautiful. We have a huge room with a big balcony overlooking the water, it is so nice. Tomorrow we are going to spend the day down at the beach, then on Wednesday we're going to Capri!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb