Reggio di Calabria 4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Calabria » Reggio Calabria
November 20th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday night continued

After a wonderful bath and changing, we went down to reception and bought some wireless internet time.

We published the blogs that I have been writing for the last two weeks and caught up with some emails.

We also surfed a little and decided to book some accommodation on Sicily, at a place somewhere near Catania, called Acireale. The Aloha D'Oro Hotel, through lastminute.com.

Just looking at the map and Acireale seems to be on the coast, below Mt Etna, not too long a drive from Messina.

After surfing, we sat down to dinner in the Hotel restaurant. We both had a buffet starter, olives and vegetables, potato croquet things, proscuitto and so on. Then a pasta with mushrooms and a pasta with prawns. Then a Chicken in white wine sauce and a Swordfish steak. Very nice, very well presented and good service.

Passing by reception we spoke to the Australian / Italian receptionist and quizzed him about the ferries. He confirmed most of what we knew and added some additional information. A nice guy and very helpful.

The town of Villa San Giovanni, which is about 20 kilometers from here, has ferries across to Messina, and we don't need to go all the way down to Reggio Calabria. They are very frequent and this time of year should be no problem getting across.

Our general plans are to spend a few days in Sicily, then back across to mainland Italy, up to Bari, then across to Greece. Depending on various things, we could be in Greece in a week or so?

Thursday, 20th November, 2008.

Plan for today, drive to Villa S. Giovanni, go across on the ferry to Messina, Sicily, then drive to Acireale.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb