Resting in Calabria


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Calabria » Catanzaro
July 28th 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The girls woke up by 9:30 am and got dressed in their jogging clothes. They took a short jog in the pinetta after breakfast, while I went to the beach and read and swam.

The water was once again calm and clear, and with a bonus--it was slightly warmer than it was yesterday. I went for another long swim and observed that there were some jellyfish, beautiful ones with long tentacles. They tended to stay near the bottom, so it was safe to swim.

When I got back from my swim, Liliana and Chonsa were at the beach. We tried using the Capitano’s windsurfing board as a standup paddle board, using Liliana’s kayak’s oar as the paddle. It worked! The board doesn’t have any rudders, but it still worked. Liliana went a long way down the beach with it and then came back without falling. She really has excellent balance, because that board is quite narrow and somewhat “tippy”. Still, she was able to do it well, and maybe she’ll end up introducing a new sport to Catanzaro.

Afterwards we came home to a lunch of Nin-nam’s Chinese noodles stir-fried with calamari and baby shrimp. Delicious!

Naptime again, then a relaxing, quiet evening. The girls will probably get bored with the slow pace of beach life, but I found it wonderful to be home and resting.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb