Monday 26th June 2017


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 26th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We had a lie in today as had nothing specific to do. Weather not too bad and looked as if it could brighten. We set off to find route for Rosslare. As we were leaving the site we met Tess and Colin our tour escorts! Just when they thought they had seen the last of us. They are staying a night here and then going back on the same boat as us.

We made our way to Rosslare and checked the boat times, we're sailing at 8am. We turned off for Our Ladies Castle Island a pretty village and went down to the beach. It was a lovely stretch of sandy beach behind the sand dunes with nobody there. We tried to get a coffee but the shop doesn't open until next weekend. It was on the edge of a huge mobile home site so I expect it will soon be very busy.We then drove down to Kilmore Quay down some very narrow lanes. We found a little café for lunch and then walked round the harbour watching the boats unloading their catch. Some had several boxes of oysters which were soon collected. We looked at the beach but the wind was blowing and I didn't fancy a swim there. We then came back to Wexford, crossed the harbour bridge and drove past the site looking for the lovely beaches we had seen pictures of. They were lovely with sand dunes in the background and only a few dog walkers about but it was still too cold for swimming. So we gave up and came back to the caravan.

The sun almost came out briefly but it is now pouring with rain. Obviously time to come home. We have to leave here at 6:15am to be at the port for 7am. So we are now getting things ready to move on and an early night. Looking at the forecast it looks as if the good weather is now ending and we've missed it all! Still it has been a good trip and the heat would have made it very difficult. A bit more sun would have been nice though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

mobile home parkmobile home park
mobile home park

There were more than in this photo


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb