Friday 23rd June 2017


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 23rd 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today started rainy and carried on mostly rainy but with a few dry intervals. The afternoon did brighten up for awhile. It was a free day so we got up late and then drove to the Crag Caves about 15 miles away. We had a job finding it as we missed the brown tourist signs outside Castleisland but finally got there. They do a nice coffee and cakes so we had to sample them.

We joined one of the tours. The cave isn't big but quite amazing with a lot of stalagatites and stalagmites. We saw the murky water that the first people to find the cave dived through to enter the cave from another one that had already been found. Certainly not what I would like to swim through, especially under water.

Later we went back to Killarney for lunch and to find something 'Irish' to wear for our get together tonight. After that exhausting shopping we sampled some of Murphy's icecream, special caramel dream comes highly recommended! We then topped up on diesel and returned to site to prepare our contribution to the feast this evening, pizza and cheese and pineapple on sticks, real gourmet stuff.

The evening was good fun, plenty of craic as they say over here. People dressed as leprachauns etc added to the whole thing! A young girl who came in to use the kitchen must have wondered what these oldies were up to!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

my favourite Irish roadsignmy favourite Irish roadsign
my favourite Irish roadsign

Any idea what it means?


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb