Cong to Muyullen


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 11th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.3378, -9.18002

Cong to Galway

We then drove around Lough (Lake in Irish) Carreb. Lots of good scenery. We made another stop in Moycullen, County Galway at the Connemara Marble Industries, which is an Irish gemstone workshop and jewelry manufacturer. I had thought it would be another interesting tour like the one we took the previous day, but no one was working today being it Sunday. We did have an elderly man explain some of the process and showed us different types of marble. I bought a few small items. After spending 20 minutes here, we were back on the road to Galway just as the rain began again. After a while it stopped and we made a quick photo op to view some of the mountains. We watched the sheep that had escaped the fencing and were near the road scamper back to the field. However, when a momma sheep went through the gap between the fence and a small bridge and leaped down to the field below, her two lambs did not want to make the leap. They kept pacing near the gap or tried to find another way through the fence further down the road. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see if momma went back for them or if they finally got the nerve to make the leap.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb