Day 2, 29 April 2005 (Friday)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
May 8th 2005
Published: May 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to ClifdenWelcome to ClifdenWelcome to Clifden

Don't know the girl on the right...?
Day 2 we started our 'road trip' - we headed northwest for a few hours, stopping in Galway city for something to eat/coffee and a look around before heading to Connemara where we got a B&B, in a cute, coastal town called Clifden. We had a good night here...had dinner/wine in an Italian type restaurant then headed to Lowry's bar for a trad session (traditional irish music, yea i'm kool, getting the lingo)...Of course, we closed the bar and also, of course the party didn't end there.... 😉 some locals invited us back to their pad across the street from the pub. We accepted the offer, thanks to the conservative telling us it was a good idea...We listened to good ol Irish music and Aggie, the Entertainer, performed her best Irish dancing...you walk this way, turn around, you walk back....ha ha. Anyway we almost acquired a crying, drama queen for the rest of the trip...but we escaped that place and walked home.....yep, the cartwheels came out!!!
The road back to our B&B was pitch black, i mean black!!!! We walked by the light of my mobile phone...thank heavens for technology....Michele was petrified cos I told her there were foxes out!!!! Agnes
Irish dancing with Eddie MurphyIrish dancing with Eddie MurphyIrish dancing with Eddie Murphy

Ag was getting lessons
and I laughed the whole way back while she ordered us to keep the phone light on and to stop talking about foxes....By the way, I think every dog in a good 50 mile radius was barking.....
No photos back from from this yet but will be sure to post them. Only a couple from Michele....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Clifden B&BClifden B&B
Clifden B&B

crooked, someone must have been still drunk taking this...


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb