A2 RIHLA #2


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The major genre the people of Ireland listen to is folk music. Most Irish music is played on the fiddle, bodhran, wooden flute, tin whistle, Uillean pipes, and the Irish harp. Irish music contributed a lot to both rural and urban life for the people Ireland. In the American folk music revival of the 1960's, Irish music and dance was revived and is continued still to today. The most common tunes of Irish music are the jig, double jig, reel, hornpipe, slip jig, polkas, and mazurkas or waltzes. With most tunes from Ireland have a corresponding dance to them. Lastly, in the late 20th century, the Irish people begun to merge their folk genres with rock and punk for the young musicians.

Upon reading this article, I found out the music the majority of Ireland listens to and how it is performed. I saw that Irish people are into folk type music that includes alot of dancing. So, I can infer that the Irish people celebrate and get together a lot to play music and have a good time. I can also say that the Irish people have kept constant with their folk genre, but when they put rock and punk in the picture, I can see they are open to new things. Lastly, I noticed that the American folk music revival of the 1960's was a huge impact on Irish music and many American artists influenced Irish artists at the time.

Source:http://worldmusic.about.com/od/learningmusic/p/IrishMusic.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb