Alltech Biosciences & the University of Dublin Lyons Research Farm


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
May 16th 2012
Published: May 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Alltech Biosciences and University of Dublin Lyons Research Farm. We started the day at Alltech. We listened to three presentations today. First was a brief background and history of the company. We learned that Alltech is a leading producer in its field with offices all over the world. Alltech is the only company in the world that produces completely all natural products. They told us about how their company sponsored the World Equestrian games last year in Lexington, Kentucky and that they will be sponsoring the games again in 2014 in Normandy in France. The company chose to sponsor the games to help promote their company. Being founded in the 1980's means the company is still young and needs promoting. They were able to do this with tons of media coverage. They recieved TV coverage on CNN and NBC. There were also over 2000 reporters on sight covering the games. We also learned about their education programs. One of those programs was called the Young Scientist Program. This program alows young scientists to submit a report and possibly win $10,000.00. They also have programs for master and phd students. Students can work for Alltech while working on their degrees and getting real industry experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb