Limerick to Tralee


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 3rd 2011
Published: July 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Limerick to Tralee



We departed Limerick and headed south-west towards Tralee where we found our day of travels along the Ring of Kerry.
We were surprised to find our luck of blue skies for most of our journey, having a brief stop at Cahergall Stone Fort – a strange and rounded/circular dry-stone wall thought to be a typical farmstead of the Early Historic Period (400-1200AD). We found flights of steps on the inner face of the wall which provided a good vantagepoint to view the surrounding fields.
Continuing on through Waterville, we came across a statue to remember Charlie Chaplin - a common visitor of the little sea-side village. Further along the hilly roadside we stopped for a photo viewing over Scariff Islands.
The Ring of Kerry was beautiful and green in scenery with a great backdrop of Macgillicuddy’s Reeks, such a magnificent area abundant in various cattle, sheep and horses.
As we drove into Killarney it was obvious a great sport match had been played – the brilliant yellow and green flags of County Kerry could be seen hanging from many windowsills and flagged on cars passing by, while the opposition County Cork sported their red and white jerseys!
After a brief stop here and a long-ish day of winding roads we arrived at our accommodation at Tralee for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb