Let it begin! Ireland kicks off journey


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
August 13th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

First Leg!

We went to Dublin, Birr, Doolin, Galway, Inisheer Isle, Arandara, Portstewart, Derry and Armgagh!

Ireland was the launching pad of our journey two months ago. Along with Lisa Pulido and her great friend, Missy, the four of us proceeded to drive on the wrong side of the road and create general mayhem wherever we went!

We all have to give Missy tons of credit as she rocked the highways and became comfortable behind the wheel as the rest of us just closed our eyes and said "Great job, Missy!"

Dublin was great, as advertised. Who couldn't use a pub every 5 meters? And yes, the Guiness IS different here compared to the states, and tastes like a chocolate shake!

Before we met up with Lisa (we met up with her after she attended a friend's wedding), KT, Missy & I spent the night in Birr, in south-central Ireland. We stumbled (the Guiness, I suppose) upon a great Johnny Cash cover band that was fantastic! We love the rock n' roll!

Other Ireland highlights include; The fish & chips in Dublin (our now-large bellys would regret this later), Doolin, Inisheer Island, the Cliffs of Moher, the Giant's Causeway, the Carrick-A-Rede Ropebridge (one of the most thrilling 30 yards one could ever walk...seriously), Port Stewart, and the beautiful and tragic "conflict" murals in Derry in the north.

For the grand finale in Ireland, the four of us saw a concert in Marley Park, outside Dublin. The bill was The Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails and the Silversun Pickups! Unbelievable way to end our stay on the Isle!






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb