The Rock of Cashel, the Vee and Lismore


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Tipperary » Cashel
September 8th 2023
Published: January 3rd 2024
Edit Blog Post

Today, Renata, Mom and I decided to do a Princess Cruise tour to the Rock of Cashel, the Vee and Lismore.



Lismore

The first stop on our tour was Lismore. One of the main attractions of Lismore is Lismore Castle. Lismore Castle is the Irish home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. You can stay at Lismore Castle at a steep price with rates starting from 86,000 euros for a seven-night stay for up to 16 guests. Not in our budget.



The Vee

After exploring the town of Lismore, we headed towards the Vee, a V-shaped turn that showcases panoramic views of the Irish countryside, before making our way to Cashel.



The Rock of Cashel



The town of Cashel is famous for the Rock of Cashel. The Rock of Cashel is one of Ireland’s most famous attractions. Set on a dramatic outcrop of limestone, the Rock of Cashel also called St. Patrick’s Rock possesses an interesting cluster of medieval structures. There is a round tower, a high cross, a Romanesque chapel, a Gothic cathedral, an abbey, the Hall of the Vicars Choral and a fifteenth-century Tower House. It was amazing exploring this historical site and worth visiting.



After the tour, we headed back to the ship. After some more coffee, dinner, drinks and a show, we called it a night yet again. Tomorrow, Renata, Mom and I head over to explore the city of Dublin. Until Then!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb