IRELAND DAY 3


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Offaly » Tullamore
October 2nd 2013
Published: October 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

RYAN AND ADAMRYAN AND ADAMRYAN AND ADAM

Future Rugby stars
Well the sun came out for a bit. Pat and I went for a walk, visited the church on the sight where Pat's Mom and Dad were married, stopped in Fergie's for lunch and took a nap.



When we woke up it was a cloudy afternoon. Bernadette and Noel's son Ryan and his friend Adam were having a bite before heading off to Rugby practice. Ryan is a great lad and is doing very well at the sport.



Mary took us for a ride out to Charleville Castle. There is a family actually living here and once a year there is a concert held here that attracts folks for all around. From there she took us out through the hedgerows to the ruins of Ballycowen Castle and the local country side. There were herds of sheep and cattle, this is real rural countryside, and it has that aroma.



We picked up Mick and headed out to Terrell's Pass Castle for dinner. The road was great and it was a straight shot. When Mary told Adam and Ryan where we were going, Adam lit up like a Christmas Tree and said we were
CHARLEVILLE CASTLECHARLEVILLE CASTLECHARLEVILLE CASTLE

Is it haunted
in for a great feed. The skies opened up just before we arrived but by the time I parked the car the rain had stopped.



Mick had a turkey dinner, Pat, salmon on mashed, Mary, Chicken Maryland and I had chicken Kiev with a cream cheese stuffing. Each meal cam with a boiled potato. In addition, there were bowls of mashed and fries and two bowls of veggies. A great feed indeed.



The drive home was uneventful and while we were watching Charlie Rose interview the former manage of Manchester United the skies open up. We were nice and cozy with our glasses of wine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb