All houseguests are a BLESSING, some as they enter & and some as they leave... irish proverb


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Limerick » Limerick
November 23rd 2017
Published: November 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

we leave the farmhouse and head to the castle!

we drive north, heading to the Shannon airport through the town of Limerick for a walking tour & tea and ending at a 15 Century castle for the King's Feast at Bunratty Castle with rich chamber furnishing & artwork, along with our full-costumed talented singing wait-staff. We had front-row seats at the King's table/benches, with no eating utensils (but our very own daggers). First meal, soup (slurped from the bowl), next course/appetisers Short-ribs that tenderly fell off the bone, and then the main course amazing roasted chicken with roasted vegetables. Wow. Dessert was for shared only with your true love! the Wines flowed easily from pitchers.

The servers/musicians were amazing, singing all of our Irish favorites (Danny Boy) and so many more.

our chariots to the castle was a father-son Taxi company, and oh my! how our lives can be richer after a 5 minute ride.

Our last evening, we place our heads upon the pillow with the sadness of wanting so much more... good night Ireland, hopefully were a blessing to you 2 weeks ago! You will forever be in our hearts!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb