Day 15 Ring of Kerry


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Iveragh Peninsula
May 2nd 2018
Published: May 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Before we came to Ireland people who had been here had told us to make sure we did the “Ring of Kerry”. Well, we did. Taking nothing away from the RoK it must be said that most countries have their own RoK that encapsulates beauty, ruggedness, pristine scenery and the like. The RoK winds (very in places) past beaches, medieval ruins, mountains and lakes with ever changing views of the Atlantic. We endeavoured to get off the beaten track whenever we could so as to get out and smell, listen to and touch the forest trees in the quietness that only a moisture soaked forest can give. Sitting amongst tall trees, trunks and branches, covered in thick green moss, watching, listening to and photographing secluded streams flowing over smooth rocks, was what we enjoyed the most. This is not to say we didn’t fully appreciate the scenery when standing by the edge of a roadside. We loved how the road(s) are for the vast majority of times, walled in by trees, solid water covered rock walls or vegetation covered stone walls.



We passed through many small towns and villages. They are all so, so, so … quaint, beautiful, inviting, clean … Remembering them all without having written them down is impossible. Sneem, Waterville (old fashioned seaside place), Caherdaniel (a tiny hamlet hidden among the trees of Derrynane Bay), Cahirsiveen, Killorglin, Kenmare (pretty little town lined with craft shops and galleries) just to name a remembered few. We entered Killarney NP about 15kms out of Kenmare and headed into the mountains with the entry point being Moll’s Gap opening travellers up to awesome panoramas over lakes and mountains. One such place to stop and take in the vista is Ladies’ View. Hopefully the selected photos give the message of our experiences for today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



















Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb