Day 12 Tully Cross to Galway via Ardmore


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
April 29th 2018
Published: April 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were greeted by early morning sunshine and crisp fresh air.

Departing Tully Cross took us beside the hikers delight Connemara National Park. It is an area we wish to return to. Diverting southwards along the R340 took us through barren landscape and the most rocky terrain we have ever seen. Rocks everywhere. It had to be seen to be believed. The road was the windiest and most up and down road narrow road we had been on ... ever. Returning to the N59 it was our pleasure to stop in the beautiful town of Oughterard. We had morning tea and a long walk around.

Through to Galway and our B&B "Dun Roamin". Definitely the lowest quality accommodation of our travels so far. Even though only 3 minutes from Galway Bay and the Salthill Promenade, it left much to be desired. We walked the entire length with diversions for 2 hours before heading into Galway City proper where the atmosphere was electric. With the sun out and no rain in sight the locals were out in force with every bar and eatery doing a roaring trade. Music filled the air as quality buskers, both individuals and groups, entertained the walkers and the sedentary. We soaked it all in and naturally, even after we vowed this morning that we wouldn't eat or drink alcohol tonight, we succumbed to the aromas issuing forth from "Trattoria Magnetti". It was a decision not to be regretted. First class service and exceptional food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement









Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb