Ireland 1st half


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Ballsbridge
October 24th 2013
Published: October 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

We came over to ireland and did a Shamrocker bus tour whichw as awsome, we were lucky and got the last two seats on the bus. There were 50 of us mostly ausis as usual!. We Started and finsihed in Dublin, first we went to Killarney and kissed the Blarney stone at Blarney castle to get the gift of the gab. After Killarney we carried on seeing some awsome scenery to Ennis and left a piece of our souls at the beach or so they say and if you want them back you have to come back to Ireland 😊. Then we headed off to Galway and saw the cliffs of Moher which were really pretty!. The next day we ditched the bus and took a ferry over to Arans Islands where the locals are fluent in Gaelic. We rode on bikes up to the fortress at the top, whcih is right on the cliff face pretty scary! then back to the main land for a pint of Guinness. We then head to Derry (legenderry) and we did a walking tour around the city and ehard a bit about the history and thier troubled past. Day 6 to Belfast (we are the last tour to go there) very sad storied! we did a blakc cab tour and the guys that were showing us around grew up during the flights/ troubles between the catholics and the podistants, very sad seeing the murals painted around the town and the walls that devide the sides through the city. The last cab driver said that he wouldnt be surprised if it all kicked off again, very sad!. That night we had a great time dancing to live bands. Back to Dublin we said our good byes by meeting up for tea, although we mostly all staying at the same hostel 😊. We spent the next few days catching up with our new friends, mostly over a guinness. We got to watch irish dancing, fiddle playing bands, spoon playing and story telling, such a great place. Yesterday we went to the guinness factory whichw as so well done and modern, a really good day. Tomorrow we head off to see the ralleys and stay with Sharon for four nights then back to London for a week.

miss everyone hope all is well back home xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb