Festivities of an Irish wedding


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Donegal » Donegal
June 2nd 2013
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 6, 7 & 8

Arrived at Loughe Eske. What a beautiful setting, not just for weddings! I could spend a few days walking around to recharge my batteries, but now all the wedding celebrations are on the roll, and we still get to enjoy the area around Loughe Eske in all its splendour. Rowan and Sadhbh will share their vows in St Agatha's Church, Clar, Donegal Town and the reception will be at Harvey's Point on the edge of the lake.

The B&B that we are staying at, Ardeevin, overlooks the lake, with such a glorious view. The breakfast was truly scrumptious and should keep us going throughout the day until we have dinner at the wedding reception. If in need of a romantic getaway in Ireland - this is the place. The rooms are beautifully decorated and most if not all of them have a lovely view of some kind, with sheep bleating - typical countryside.



31st May 2013: The day has dawned for Rowan and Sadhbh's wedding: Well, what can I say? All the usual cliches, but it is all true. It was a wonderful wedding and the service under Father Doherty's command was lovely. The bride and groom looked so happy. Sadhbh was a beautiful bride in a gorgeous dress, with equally lovely bridesmaids. As for Rowan, looking very smart and suave in his suit and tails, in fact all of the wedding party looked stunning. We couldn't have asked for a better day, although it rained in the morning and was freezing when we came out the church, with an icy wind blowing. The Irish know how to celebrate with three days of celebrations and it felt like we were constantly eating, drinking and being marvellously merry. We had a huge four course dinner, then a snacks buffet at about 11pm. Strenuous exercise and meagre helpings of food will have to be the order of the day from now onwards to make up for all this over indulgence! We were welcomed with true Irish hospitality while enjoying all the wedding festivities. A wedding we will remember with fondness.

The Irish certainly enjoy their singing and dancing and we experienced some very good music and great singing and then some not such good singing, but one thing was for sure, we all had fun.



Congrats, Rowan and Sadhbh, and may you continue being the lovely, happy couple that we have seen these last few days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Look! No dents!!Look! No dents!!
Look! No dents!!

Survived the journey


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb