Slainte! Jameson Distillery at Midleton!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Midleton
November 5th 2011
Published: November 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The day started with Corey's delicious waffles and maple syrup. We decided since it was a wonderful day outside wouldn't it be nice to spend it inside at a distillery! So off we went both the Corey's and I hopped on the bus to Midleton, a 25 minute bus ride out of Cork. We stopped for lunch at a cafe styled restaurant to re-fuel before we hit the distillery. We walked down the main street taking in this beautiful small Irish town, actually I don't know about the boys but I did. We reached the front gate of the Jameson Distillery and a huge amount of excitement hit my belly! I couldn't wait for the free tastings! We arrived just in time for the next tour, so we quickly browsed the shop gazing at the different types of Jameson, including the 5000 euro bottle that came with two Waterford crystal glasses, before i could buy that amazing expensive bottle of whisky we were called for our tour to begin. We headed through the building where we watched a short informative film about the history of Jameson and its creators. We were then taken through different old buildings and shown the different stages of production of how this amazingly tasty whisky is made. We learnt interesting facts such as not a drop of Jameson leaves its barrel for 5 years before they decide to sell it.

They showed us the biggest still in the world that they use to create the Jameson. After the 1 hour tour we ended up in the bar area where we all got to do a bit of tasting. They chose 8 people from the tour group to do a taste comparison between three different whiskys, which I was chosen to do! They sat us down around the table to taste the difference between Jameson, Jack Daniels and an Scotch Whisky. You could really tell the difference between the three of the whiskys ( I preferred the Irish Jameson one!! ) I was then presented with a certificate to show that I was an certified whisky taster! Which i know Corey is very jealous of! The day ended with a drink at a local pub in Midleton and a short bus trip back with an AMAZING afternoon nap thanks to the whisky!

Slainte! (Cheers)



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th November 2011

Drunks!
You guys are always going to alcoholic places!!!! Just kidding, sounds like you had a wonderful trip up there xo

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb