Walking Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
June 25th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.7064, -8.5233

Today we took a long walk (over two miles one way) all the way to Charles Fort on the opposite side of the harbor. Most of the way was the Scilly Walk which wound through trees and seaside homes and offered lovely views of the water. When we reached the end of the footpath, we had another half mile or so to go on the high road which was all uphill to get to Summercove and the fort.

At the fort, we purchased Heritage Cards that can be used at several of the sites we plan to visit this trip. Twenty euros each for seniors, and they are good for a year at about fifty places that charge anywhere from one to thirteen euros for admission. We plan to go to enough of them to make it a good value, but if we don't, then I'll consider it a donation to help maintain the properties.

Walking back, we stopped in the Bulman Pub for lunch. It is listed in Michelin's Eating Out in Pubs in Ireland. The location is right across the street from its car park on the harbor. Great view. We had dinner at Fishy Fishy which was okay again, but not great. I expect more from one of the best restaurants in the Gourmet Capital of Ireland.

Tomorrow we drive back to Cork and return the car. We won't need it there since we can walk to the university, lots of restaurants and shopping, and historical sights.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb