Wonder's of Blarney Castle, Cork


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Blarney
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Blarney Castle is one of Ireland's most famous attractions. In this small town of Blarney sit's this castle that caused some much trouble for the MacCarthy family and the Queen of England. The Irish did not want to lose the castle and the Queen wanted the castle. More history later. As you enter Blarney town you find a small beautiful little town with very friendly people waiting to greet you. The castle is €10 for students and €12 for adults. As you enter the grounds of the castle you are meet with these amazing gardens.



Standing massive tree's bright with green and leaves. The gardens themselves offer an amazing picnic location. While the flowers bloom around you and the sun is beating down on you. One could get lost in all the amazement that the castle has to offer. There is a shop to grab some sweet's or what will be your choice of food. Outside the castle there is a nice little park for you to have some lunch or to relax after your time in Blarney castle. A few pubs and restaurant's are available also.



The main attraction is the castle itself, which stands tall in the sky. With it's big grey walls that grab the sky. As you enter the castle each room has a plate that tells who slept in these chambers or where the dining room was. For a big man like myself, the staircase is not that easy to move around. It was a dry day while I enjoyed the grounds but on a wet day I think I would of turned back from going to the top. Small stair, wet stairs and a big man do not mix. But I made it to the top and what views where waiting. Views that could match any attraction in any location in the world. Beauty green landscape, with Blarney town in the background. One could only picture the old days as you stand on top on the castle. How the army's of England attacked the family of the MacCarthy's. Soldiers upon soldier running at the castle and the Irish family fighting back.



As I walked from room to room, one could only think how small people really where back in the olden day's. I had to turn sideways more than once to fit through. And I am not that tall either. Have to start going to the gym and slimming down. Even in some occasion's I was to tall for the room door. I stand at 5 foot 9 inches, so that tell's it's own story.



The castle and the ground's would get 8/10 from me. There are a few more things to do in the castle, like the poison garden and the Blarney house but leaving something to your own though would be best for this wonderful location.



Must see while you travel to Cork and Ireland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb