Lahinch


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare
May 6th 2008
Published: May 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

afternoon drinks watching the sun setafternoon drinks watching the sun setafternoon drinks watching the sun set

wine is too expensive so I'm trying the Irish Cider, not bad!
We’ve arrived in Lahinch, 1 ½ hours south of Galway. It’s a really cute little seaside village. The weather is perfect about 22-24C, as it has been for the last couple of days. And our hostel is two doors away from the beach front promenade.
It’s a surfing mecca would you believe, they are obviously wetsuited from head to foot but the surf looks great. Darren was almost tempeted to hire a board ...till he felt the water. The tide comes right up to the rock wall at high tide but exposes a huge expanse of sand at low tide. I don’t know what they do here in summer, the sand would never get dry, you'd have to stand up all day, or bring a chair and sink into the sand I guess.
Darren’s disappointed with the hostel. It has tiny rooms, the kitchen is dirty (the only dirty kitchen so far) and then when we were about to sit down to a quiet meal (we seemed to be the only ones here at that stage) 20 or so German cyclists barged into the kitchen….so I poured him another Bourbon and we went to watch the sun set over the bay.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb