Day Five - AquaWorld and the Danube Cruise


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
July 30th 2017
Published: July 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

By Ethan and Cole -

Hungary has been a very enjoyable and new experience for most of us, so far before training begins. In the current section of "The Inner Game of Tennis" the author discusses the best way to learn. It can be summed up with the quote "No teacher is greater than one's own experience." We will relate this to several parts of our day and our team.



Our fifth day started with us meeting up at 9am for breakfast however some of us went to bed late the night before and slept late, making them late for breakfast. Regardless, we all had enough time to eat and were ready to leave to Aqua World. After a long bus ride and an even longer quiz about the first 4 chapters of the book by the coaches, we arrived at Aqua World. In Aqua World the team rode a lot of water slides and experienced a myriad of different water based rides. Many people were scared to try out some of the rides like the surf simulator. However once many people experienced it, they learned that they like it.



After a great lunch we left back to the hotel. On the way we got gelato, however Dusty did not get any. We went into the hotel and most of us power napped for an hour. Then we woke up and left for a cruise on the Danude river. It was very beautiful and we took a lot of pictures. Also we learned a lot of history about places like the parliament building.



After the cruise we took a few pictures as a team as well as a group photo of the upperclassman. We then left for dinner going through the inner parts of Budapest we eventually arrived at a restaurant. The restaurant had a massive variety of foods in an all you can eat buffet style of serving. We tried many exotic foods. By the end of the night we learned what new foods we liked and the ones we didn't. We learned this all through experience. So afterwards we went back to the hotel all before 11 o clock. The idea of learning through experience is great lesson we could take in our game. During high school season many of us old or new have experiences and can definitely examine and learn from our experiences in order to make us better athletes and people. This can affect our team specifically because every player on this team can learn and listen better to the coaches and not overthink everything that is told to us.



- Ethan and Cole

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb