Last day in Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
July 16th 2017
Published: July 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Last day in Prague


After another good breakfast we checked out of the hotel (leaving our luggage in their locked room) to head up Gellért Hill. We crossed the Danube by the Szabadság híd (Liberty bridge), got some we admired Sziklatemplom (church cave) but being Sunday didn't go in as there were services on. We continued up the hill to the Szabadság szobor (Statue of Liberty) enjoying great views all the way up. After a rest in the shade we wandered around the outside of the Citadella where I gave in & bought a rainbow pashmina & a new hat! We wandered down the north side of the hill via the Saint Gellért Sagredo monument (an eleventh-century bishop who tried to convert the Magyars to Christianity).

We then left Buda for Pest via the Erzsébet híd (Elizabeth Bridge) and after having another delicious traditional meal during which I had palacsinta (hungarian pancakes) with choclate sauce & flambeed with a very generous helping of brandy had a final wander around the centre before collecting our bags & heading to the stop to get the airport bus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Szabadság szoborSzabadság szobor
Szabadság szobor

Liberty Statue on top of Gellert Hill
Statue next to Liberty statueStatue next to Liberty statue
Statue next to Liberty statue

Not sure who this is or why he's punching a three-headed snake though....


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.1695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb