Buda...pest Buda..Pest Buda.Pest Budapest


Advertisement
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Budapest began in a rather awkward fashion - me and my travel buddy had been accosted by hostel-tourist-board-pimps on the train, but the prices were a little more expensive than imaginable, so it was perhaps fortunate that the rosy smile of a i-help-you-find-bed guy welcomed my departure from the train. I could feel the tourist board types scowling as I dodged their cut and found a decent enough... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Courtyard Wonderment.Courtyard Wonderment.
Courtyard Wonderment.

The hostel was hidden away on the top floor, with a strange, very deep courtyard.
Almost time to say bye bye BudaAlmost time to say bye bye Buda
Almost time to say bye bye Buda

Though I had hours to kill before my train decided to go. Pfft.
Call me Mr.PhotoCall me Mr.Photo
Call me Mr.Photo

Yeah, or not, you can call me whatever you like.
Budapestian Bargains.Budapestian Bargains.
Budapestian Bargains.

The trainstation seemed to easily wedge in a mini market on every side...
Meal Shot #14Meal Shot #14
Meal Shot #14

Chicken Kebab FTW.
Train station.Train station.
Train station.

Ummm, not sure why this is worth a shot, but hey, what the jimmies.
Like Harry Potter, I guess, If I had read the damn thing. Like Harry Potter, I guess, If I had read the damn thing.
Like Harry Potter, I guess, If I had read the damn thing.

But I'm not bound for Hogwarts (thank god... I doubt there's a bar there), rather to the Ukraine, Lviv and even more intense border guards.
And finally... (number 3, I suppose)And finally... (number 3, I suppose)
And finally... (number 3, I suppose)

A beautiful gloaming flooded the train to Lviv, and thoughts of my travels so far consumed me. But more importantly, what lay ahead?



16th June 2007

Bring on the vamps
Looking forward very much to the Transylvanian adventures. Try to get a bit of diablerie in whilst you're there.
17th June 2007

Wildlife expert - Beetle fanatic
Putting on my goggles and staring at your picture, having analysed the Thorax and abdomen i have come to the conclusion that your beetle is......a female STAG BEETLE. Diet: adult either eats tree sap or nothing at all. Habitat: Broad-leaved woodlands, especially oak, but also parks and gardens where there are hedgerows, tree stumps and logs. Glad to see that armour class of statues is important today as its always been. (unless your a mage)
28th June 2007

Is it a volkswagon?
Good to see that after only one month you've broken two of my travel taboos. 1. Dont eat brains, insides or anything described as the 'special dish', especially if it still moves. 2. Avoid Ukrainian women (especially when the missus is reading the blog with you!). Rock on Tommy.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb