Cobblestone streets everywhere


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
August 18th 2005
Published: August 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Finally reached Hungary!! Long loooong flight it turned out to be. Due to flight delays I didn’t get more than 30 minutes in transit..which was great. Got here on 16th morning and staying in a university hostel, 2 minutes away from Danube 😊).

Budapest has that feel to it...you know chaos amidst orderliness!!. Ate as soon as I got here in a dingy underground place…Mexican chillies and tortillas and all sorts of mixtures. Trams seem to be big here..along with metro buses and suburban trains. Already traveled ticketless once!! Went around exploring around the city, walking along the Danube..yes yes its as romantic as the books say. Hey and plenty of cobblestone streets and as always there are numerous old museums, churches and castles. Surprisingly, there seems to be too many emergencies, with ambulance and police patrol speeding every now and then..no, it doesn't have anything to do withe me...grrrrrr. Skipping france to hike around stalagmites in northern hungary 😊)

Hope all of you are doing great...

Keep in touch people



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Ice skating placeIce skating place
Ice skating place

Was thinking of Macquarie centres ice skating place!!


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb