Budapest central market


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
December 23rd 2021
Published: December 23rd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Bálna (The whale) is a large-scale, glass-fronted building on the bank the Danube.

It’s terrace is a popular spot to tipple and chat. In the winter the terrace transforms into an ice skating rink.

The New Budapest Gallery, one of the largest of its kind in town, with 760 square metres of exhibition space. It focuses primarily on contemporary art, with exhibitions on avant-garde works in the 20th century.



The Great Market Hall in Budapest was built in 1897, and is the largest of all Budapest market halls. The market is not just for tourists, it’s a place where locals shop daily, Architecturally it is a protected city monument, and is one of Europe’s finest market halls. It is an airy orange and yellow brick building, full of steel beams and light flooding in through enormous windows.



After our walk around the market the sun was setting across the river as we made our way to Liberty Bridge, the third and shortest bridge of Budapest. It was built for the Millennium World Exhibition in 1896, its original name being Francis Joseph Bridge.



https://www.heygo.com/zsuzsi


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement











Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 29; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb