Buda & Pest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Buda
March 6th 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Straddling the romantic Danube River, with the Buda Hills to the west and the start of the Great Plain to the east, Budapest is the most beautiful city in central Europe. And the human legacy is just as remarkable as Mother Nature’s. Architecturally, Budapest is a gem, with enough baroque, neoclassical, Eclectic and art nouveau (or Secessionist) buildings to satisfy anyone’s appetite. With parks brimming with attractions, museums filled with treasures, pleasure boats sailing up and down the scenic Danube and Turkish-era thermal baths belching steam, the Hungarian capital is a delight both by day and by night. The food and wine are excellent, cheap and in abundance and the night-life is hot. The chain of one of the famous fast foods has sprung covering almost every single underground stations in the city.

Budapest does have its scars, of course, with organised crime, pollution, international fast-food eateries at every corner and mindless graffiti covering much of that gorgeous architecture.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



28th June 2010

Budapest
Hello, I hope you really had a great time in Budapest, and you will come back to this beautiful city soon (summer is the best time for a vacation ;)). Best wishes, zsobig
29th June 2010

It is certainly a wonderful city. Winter was harsh. I will see if it possible to make another trip in summer. Best wishes, nz

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb