Whistle Stop Tour of Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Buda
June 23rd 2009
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today was the start of our very long (24 hours) journey back up North to Munich in Germany. We started at 6am in Sarajevo and a 12 hour train journey to Budapest with no food apart from 2 bags of crisps, 5 mini Twix’s and a bottle of water oh and G with a slight touch of the runs!!!! Not good.

As it happened the journey to Budapest went rather quickly and once we got into Hungary a restaurant cart got attached to the train, but with only enough money on us to buy one small sandwich we once again went "Hungary"!!! Ha ha excuse the pun!!!

We got into Budapest at about 6pm, G was hoping the train station was right in the centre so she could see a few sights as she had never been before but after spending 30 minutes getting our onward train tickets, 15 minutes trying to get money out of all the cash points surrounding the station, we admitted defeat and headed to the golden arches (who accept payment by card) and had a meal of a big Mac and fries!!!!

Then desperate to make Hungary count as one of our countries we had been too, we changed some US dollars and headed to the nearest bar for a beer. So G's first time in Budapest consisted of us circumnavigating the train station, eating a Mcdonalds and having time for one beer, hopefully one day she will get to see it properly.

So at 8 o’clock ish we board our over night train to Munich with 2 bottle of vino and a long night in chairs ahead of us!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb