Sorrento to Corfu


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
July 27th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Sorrento to Corfu



It was a long day of travel as we passed along the Bay of Naples, and stopped for a guided tour of Ancient Pompeii. Our guide told us about the ancient city and sights buried under all the volcanic ash from Mt Vesuvius’eruption. The town had surprisingly well preserved neighbourhoods with ruins of shops, houses and markets and while our guide did take us through the red-light district with some stone-beds in the local brothel, it was still chilling to see the preserved shells of citizens and animals in the city. Truly unbelievable to think of the technology they had for their time (79AD).
We made our way to our overnight ferry which took us to Igoumenitsa, from here we had only a short trip to the Greek island of Corfu.
We spent the next few days kicking back and relaxing, soaking up the sun in the beautiful island paradise, and enjoying some water sports as well as a day cruise on George’s boat. The Tzatziki dip was great, and after some much needed lunch we travelled to various swimming spots to find the ocean rather high in salt content and so found floating in the sea very easy.
Party night on Corfu was all about the Toga – with four Contiki groups rocking away in their white wraps, we both enjoyed a night of drinks, music and dancing!
Corfu has been a great place to stop and appreciate the beauty of Greece! We’ll be sad to leave.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The boys at TogaThe boys at Toga
The boys at Toga

Left to Right: Aaron, Matt, Michael, Lachie, Josh, Kelvin, Brett and Nick


6th August 2011

Hi from Mum T
Well done with the sunset shot! Looks like you're getting the Togas down pat now Sheree. Face looks like it's seeing plenty of sun or is that the alcohol? Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy!! Love MumXX

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb