It's all Greek to us!!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
March 30th 2006
Published: April 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ancona (Italy), Patras, Kifisa, Athens, Patras, Crete, and Mykonos

Blog to come soon!!....Enjoy the pictures!



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Superfast FerrySuperfast Ferry
Superfast Ferry

Our ferry that we took from Ancona, Italy to Patras, Greece.
Dinner with Mauricio's Family in GreeceDinner with Mauricio's Family in Greece
Dinner with Mauricio's Family in Greece

Mauricio's mom cooked us a yummy dinner the day we arrived. This was the first time they had a chance to eat at their dinning room table!
The Parthenon The Parthenon
The Parthenon

Info on the Acropolis: http://www.culture.gr/2/21/211/21101a/e211aa01.html
Mauricio and his momMauricio and his mom
Mauricio and his mom

Mauricio and his mom dancing at the Marine house.
ParthenonParthenon
Parthenon

Chris and Maruicio in front of the Parthenon (a temple dedicated to Athena Parthenos built between 447 and 438 BC).
City GazingCity Gazing
City Gazing

We climbed the mountains behind Mauricio's house where we had a panoramic of the city below.
Rock HouseRock House
Rock House

While walking up the mountains we came across structures made out of flat rocks...it was pretty cool. Many of them were circular...this one was the only one that had an opening that resembled a doorway.
Greek Fun!Greek Fun!
Greek Fun!

Can you guess what the sign says???.....it says pitsaria (pizzera). This one's for you Louis!
MykonosMykonos
Mykonos

Walking down to the water from our hotel in Mykonos. Mykonos is a Greek island where all of the buildings are painted white. It felt like we were dreaming. Walking through the city felt like we were walking in a labyrinth because all the buildings looked the same!
ParadiseParadise
Paradise

This area is named Paradise beach....I'm not quite sure why it's called Paradise but it was a nice, quiet little beach.
Motorbiking!Motorbiking!
Motorbiking!

We spent our last day in Mykonos driving around on a four wheeler that we rented for the day!
Handstand man!Handstand man!
Handstand man!

Yup....that's Chris doing a handstand! This area is near a place called Super Paradise a vacation place that opens up in the summer...when we went there it was dead....not very Super if you ask me!
Over the ledgeOver the ledge
Over the ledge

Looking over the ledge that Chris did a handstand on.
Stork encounterStork encounter
Stork encounter

We were walking towards the taxi place with some friends we made and on one of the streets we came across these storks just standing there.


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb