update in greek islands


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
September 19th 2006
Published: September 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so this is now the third time I've typed this, as it keeps deleting what I type.

The flight to Milan from Madrid was a disaster. From the zig zagging on the tarmac before we even took off, to the bad pressure in the cabin, to the turbulence, to the fact that they didn't even apologise for being over an hour late, we were mightly sick of easyJet when we got off.

Once in Milan, now an hour late, we lost any chance of getting a bench to sleep on, as we had a 7 hour layover until our flight to Athens in the morning. The one bench that was left was uncomfortable. I wasn't going to sleep, but kept nodding off, and Alex and Chez, who were intending to sleep, didn't get much more than me. We discovered later that through the security area were much more and much nicer seats and for an airport that obviously people sleep overnight in on a regular basis, it would have been nice if they cater more to it. Very frustrating. It will be my one and only experience of sleeping in an airport.

By the morning, everyone was grumpy, and all the passengers on our flight were annoyed and pushy. There are no allocated seats on easyJet, but you are boarded as per when you check in, but people still jump the line, and get pushy, so thats frustrating. And even worse when you are exhausted. Again, the flight was late, but due to the captain not showing up, so a replacement arrived after we were all boarded, which was rather unproffessional. The flight to Athens was uneventful, as all three of us pretty much just slept thru it.

We arrived in Athens, and headed straight for our hostel. We checked in, got some lunch, had a shower, and went to bed at 2.30pm in the afternoon. The other guy in our room got a bit of a shock when he walked in at 4pm to find three girls asleep in their pjs. We got back up at 7pm, went out for dinner to this restaurant up the road where we paid <5euros each for dinner (souvlaki, greek salad and drink), so we were very impressed. We got a giant piece of baklava from the bakery across the road for dessert, back to the hostel, and went back to bed.

I'll have to come back another time, as I have run out of time, cos this stupid computer keeps deleting what I wrote.

Advertisement



19th September 2006

Grumpy YOUNG Women
Dear Bec. It will be great to have something to be grumpy about amongst the great experiences. If we travel, we will avoid the Easy Jet experience as we already have lots of things we could grump about and don't need any more. Take care, Luv G + G

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb