Patmos, Greek Islands


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Patmos
June 16th 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 16 June, 2012, cont’d







Patmos, Greek Islands,

Island of Saint John the Apostle





A tender boat was the only way to get ashore and it was nice to have a breeze as again it was very hot... around 30 degrees. I liked this place; the colourful houses, lots of flowers, clean and welcoming. Again there were more markets, bars, cafés and shops. The section near the port isvery tourist-orientated, like most of the ports on the cruise itinerary.But when you have time to explore, it’s great to get the ancient history.



Patmos has a population of around 3,000 people and an area of 34 km2.There are some world heritage sites; Chora, the island’s historic centre, the of Monastry of Saint John the Theologian and the Cave of the Acopalypse where Saint John is said to have received his Revelation.



I stayed ashore taking lots of photos for about 5 hours before I just had to get back to the ship for the cool of the air conditioning.





We set sail again at 10pm, for the overnight cruise and a big day tomorrow at Santorini.





I’m really looking forward to Santorini – we’ll be in port for around 12 hours, so that will give me lots of time for a good look around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Lots of little streets with quaint shopsLots of little streets with quaint shops
Lots of little streets with quaint shops

No bartering here, like in Kusadasi... thank Goodness
This Vespa is too cute!This Vespa is too cute!
This Vespa is too cute!

Thought you might like this one Bonnie.
Who is this guy?Who is this guy?
Who is this guy?

It's all Greek to me.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb