It's a Wrap!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Naxos
September 3rd 2005
Published: September 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We are just winding down our time in Europe, on Monday, Sept. 5 we will leave for South Africa. If when you read our upcoming blogs and think we've had a change in personality or mood swings, don't worry, we are not on drugs, we've just started our Malaria medication (the side effects include mood swings, crazy dreams and personality changes to name a few - but they are very unlikely).

Our time on the Greek Island Naxos has been nothing short of relaxing. Our daily schedule is wake up around 10:30, cook breakfast, go to the beach until late afternoon, shower, go walk around town and watch the picture perfect sunsets everyday, go back to our studio and cook dinner. We've got it made! I don't think there has been a cloud in the sky our entire stay here, it's unreal. The studio we are staying in is great. It is clean, spacious, has tv and a balcony - Carmen and Chris, you would appreciate it 😉 The outside of it is white with blue trim, just like every other building on the island. We forgot to mention before that we found a little chess board in Hvar, Croatia for 3 bucks, and then we also found a cheap deck of cards, so that has been our entertainment at night. It's cheap and fun. Justin's got the upper hand in Chess and I almost always beat him in cards. At any time during the day you can almost always hear the loud buzz of scooters driving around the island, they are everywhere! We've decided there has to be driving laws, but they are definatly not enforced. The only driving law we think that might be enforced is parking on the sidewalk and not the street. Also, this island has by far the longest midday breaks, they last from 2pm-6pm and everything shuts down and the town becomes real quiet, a concept we still have yet to figure out. And, if you plan to go out for supper, most restaurants do not even open until 7pm, and if you go right at 7pm, only about 1/3 of the menu will be available because it's too early. It's crazy.

The scooters looked like a lot of fun so we decided to brave the crazy roads of Naxos and go cruising around the island and check out the different beaches. They were all very nice, most were sand and all of them had pristine blue water. It reminded us of a screen saver you'd have on your computer. The first beach we stopped at was by far the prettiest, so we decided to go swimming and lay out for a bit. As we came over the hill we noticed a man coming out of the water and once the water went below his waist line we noticed he was buck naked!! Then we looked over and saw an older couple strolling down the beach, fully naked holding hands...it was hilarious, we couldn't help but laugh!! It seemed that the nude section of the beach was bordered by just topless sections of the beach - weird.

Tomorrow we are taking the ferry back to Athens, staying one night and then we're outta here.

Take Care,
Beth and Justin



Advertisement



12th September 2005

watch out
Hope you two are having fun on your safari trip. Can't wait to hear about it! Beware of the lions, tigers and bears. Does South Africa even have bears? Any way becareful. Miss you both
17th September 2005

Great White Sharks
Finally, Beth and Justin understand what it's like to "Swim with the Sharks". I can't think of anything more dangerous other than getting married and having kids - LOL Jim (Dad)

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb