And the Bed Bug Bites Continue.....


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
July 31st 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well right now i'm stuck in my hotel lobby waiting to be allowed to go up to my room. We arrived in Mykonos and told the rep that we had bed bug bites and he has disallowed us to go up to our room. We are stuck in the lobby and they are calling head office to see if they should fumagate our rooms or wash them all. The bites are getting worse everyday so we don't care if we have to stay in the lobby until they sort it out. We may have to wear sheets like togas for 48 hours until the fumagation is done. haha it's acutally pretty funny but the people without bed bugs are pissed that there gonna have to pay for there laundry. Well before the outbreak we were in Corfu Greece. We hung out in the markets most of the day then came back and swam on the roof top pool and the beach, soaking our bed bites in the water apparently helps them. We rounded out the night with the local drink ouzo and then we went for a greek dinner at a restaurant with the whole crew. We learned the greek dancing and drank way to much ouzo. The next day was my favourite so far in the tour. We did an optional excursion called George's Boat. We went early in the morning and boarded a boat and drove around relaxing trying to recover from the night before while battling a wee bit of sea sickness. The next stop was a hotel where we could do water sports. My friend Allison and I did a bit of parasailing and it was amazing. The view of the island was spectaclar and the first bit where we had to run off the dock was exhilarating. We then met our captain George who is a crazy old prev who fashions himself in a speedo. Although he's totally disgusting we all found him hilarious. We had an amazing spread for lunch and stopped at random places to swim. We drank and sang and swam all day long. When we finally said goodbye to George we came home to get ready for the hotels toga party. We dressed up in our best sheets and headed down to party and drink. The next morning was a rough one! We had a long bus ride ahead of us, on a curvy road and we all had too much ouzo in our bellies. We made it though and we stopped in a town called Cornith and took a look at the worlds biggest canal. Well the girls took a look at the canal the guys went to the pharmacy because they could buy most drugs for cheap and they have decided that they are gonna split a pack of viagra and play viagra lotto. How you place Viagra lotto is you grind a pill into one drink then mix the drinks up and see who gets the special drink. This game will be happening in mykonos at some time hahaha so i'll let you know how it goes. Well we arrived late into athens and just went to TGI Fridays for a couple beers then went to bed. Today we took buses and ferries and buses again to get to mykonos and now we are in the lobby not allowed in our rooms and waiting to see if we can have clothes for the next couple days hahah it's all in experience i'm gonna be a permit toga wear-er. well that's all for now. love you all. SLEEP TIGHT! DON'T LET THE BED BUGS BITE!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb