Milos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Milos
August 24th 2007
Published: August 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi again. We are in Milos now and having a great time. A few dramas getting here though. Our flight to Athens was late arriving due to a storm and we missed our connecting flight to Milos and there were no more seats for 3 days........... Managed to get a ferry the following morning so have lost a day here but not dwelling on it..... The island is beautiful and we spent the day yesterday on a sea kayaking tour. We paddled 12kms and were applauded by the others in the group (all experienced kayakers) as we battled some strong winds in a few places. It was great as we got to stop at some deserted beaches not accessible by land due to the huge cliffs. It was a greeat day and we were very proud of ourselves.

We are really enjoying the greek way of life - lots of food, drink and rest. We are staying in a non-touristy village on the island so are getting a taste of what life is really like. Everything closes at around 2pm until whenever they feel like it really. A lot of shops have posted opening times but it's all soooo relaxed. After dinner there is ouzo and grilled octopus served in the caffenia downstairs. The ouzo has a yummy taste but is very potent! We have been looked after really well (it helps when you know the owners family back in Australia!) and are really enjoying ourselves. We have hired a quad bike (see picture) as the island is too big to walk around and it's quite hot. Our bike is really just a lawnmower with a seat (max speed we have reached is about 45km/h) but it's perfect for what we need.

Anyway, the milos sunset is calling. It's funny everyone crowds up on the hill to watch the sun go down and it's an amazing view. There is then a frantic rush for tables at the restaurants.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th August 2007

WOW
it looks incredible. We are concerned here bout the fires, but looks like you are all safe... Have a brilliant time, we are all enjoying the updates and planning trips .. looks like Milos is one of those we have to see!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb