Milos - even the wine was excited to get here!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Milos
July 8th 2022
Published: July 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We FINALLY made it here - I’ve had my eye on this place, reading recommendations, hearing friends rave about it, booking to come here in 2020, and again in 2021…and we’re finally here. Milos, apparently the ‘next Santorini’…we’re just happy to be here NOW!!

I’d also heard the horror stories about lost luggage in Athens airport and we were not holding out much hope of successfully making both flights with luggage in tow. It was, then, with some delight that we saw our bags being loaded on a flight in Athens…only to be filled with some dismay when we were summonsed off the bus for an ‘issue’ with Beeb’s bag - it was leaking a strange dark liquid. Turns out that the cheap wine we hadn’t drunk in Rhodes was also super excited about getting here and exploded. A wine-filled bag is better than no bag at all?!

Long and slightly stressful journey; a taxi-less arrival airport but finally we made it to our humble abode - a fisherman’s cottage right on the water at Klima, the blue sea house, of Travel Guides fame. A quick dinner, celebratory wine (new), a survey of beeb’s new tie-dyed wardrobe before we all collapsed into bed.

An early start thanks to the noise of the waves lapping at our doorstep and a beautiful, still, sunny day. First stop Papafragas for some swimming - upon the recommendation of the car hire man, we chose a tricky spot to climb down the rock, but were rewarded with a beautiful little bay all to ourselves. It couldn’t have been more perfect. After much frolicking and sunning, hunger set in and we headed for the gorgeous town of Pollonia for lunch. It was the most picturesque location and the food was delicious. We felt ready to brave the ‘jumping spot’ recommended by some friends. Goes by its official name of Sarakiniko Beach around here.

SO much fun - we thought it might be reserved for the beautiful people, but plenty of space for squealing teenagers and their tidal-wave-producing parents as well. Jumped off white moon-scape-like rocks into the clearest bluest water you’ve ever seen. Had to swim through a cave and climb up some more rocks to do it all again!

Everyone was pretty tired after all of the jumping so we headed back for a rest before dinner at the restaurant up the road and some mixing with the tourists (ugh!!) who all hang outside our place to watch the sunset. Lucky we could dull the inconvenience with wine!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb