ANDROS


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Batsi
September 26th 2010
Published: September 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wine barrels on the beachWine barrels on the beachWine barrels on the beach

We dont know why, although we did ask, and were told.... Yes, Wine.
Andros was the last island we had planned to do. I hoped it would turn out to be a nice one... and it was. Funnily, there were no domatia touts at the port. We were disappointed.... hectic and intimidating tho it had been at some of the islands, we quite enjoyed the bustle of it all. However, at Andros, they dont do it. We got a taxi to the nearby village of Batsi. There are only 3 main towns on Andros, the port... Gavrio, Batsi, and the capital, Hora.
We found some lovely accomodation on a small farm.... we had sheep beneath our window, and were delighted when one of them gave birth to two lambs. Arry, the owners son let me hold one only hours old. We had our meal that night at a fish restaurant, where Louis decided to hold court with us. He had taken a shining to John aka Giannis, and we heard his life story. I love finding characters like Louis... it makes travelling so interesting.
The main capital of Hora was no more than a short street of shops, so we didnt stay long there....
In fact, Andros turned out to be no more than a beautiful place to wind down, ( what from???? well, all this travelling is quite exhausting you know!) ready for our arrival in Athens the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Arry and me with the babiesArry and me with the babies
Arry and me with the babies

They were about 15 hours old at this point. A boy, and a girl. I'm holding the girl.
Waiting for the busWaiting for the bus
Waiting for the bus

It didnt arrive, so we took a taxi.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb