Undiscovered Aegean Cruise Day 2 - At Sea


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » North Aegean
June 2nd 2015
Published: June 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Bernie, Tracey, Kath & Albert Bernie, Tracey, Kath & Albert Bernie, Tracey, Kath & Albert

All dressed up for the Captain's Dinner
A very lazy day at sea as we sailed 402 nautical miles - at an average speed of 13 knots - from Marmaris, Turkey to Thessaloniki, Greece.

Tonight it was the Captain's dinner which is traditionally a formal evening. We dressed up to have our photo taken with the Captain before attending a cocktail party at which Captain Nikolaos Chalaris welcomed everyone aboard and introduced the Head's of Department who help him to oversea a crew of 500.

The hour long cocktail party - at which we were offered a single canape and just one Buck's Fizz! - was followed by the Captain's Dinner in the Compass Rose Dining Room. I thought this might be a special set menu for the Captain's Dinner, but we had similar fare as last night with choices from two appetisers, two soups, a salad, four mains and four desserts.

After dinner we headed to the Broadway Lounge to watch this evening's performance 'Songs That Made A Movie'. The Spirit's show team performed a selection of songs made famous on the silver screen. After that we ventured up to the small lounge on Deck 9 right at the front of the ship to listen to the string trio. They had an amazing repertoire of easy listening songs and even took requests from the audience without once referring to a piece of music.

Ahh, the traditional cruise towel art has commenced! This evening we returned to our cabin to find that our cabin stewards, Susana and Khrysty, had created a towel Lobster for our bed. I read in one of the Cruise News flyers, that are delivered to us daily, that we could have gone to a demonstration on towel folding and/or purchase the 'towel art' booklet for £6.95!



Steps for the day 5,242 (3.57 kms)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb