Samos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » North Aegean » Samos
June 16th 2011
Published: June 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

VelanidiaVelanidiaVelanidia

Aquaduct
Wednesday 15th June, 2011

An easier day was the plan.

We went down to breakfast at nine fifteen and had the usual. Back to the room then we slowly got ready and left about 1030.

We walked to the next village of Votsalakia and headed straight for a bar to have a quick drink of beer and a coke. Then on to the beach. We sunbathed and read until three o'clock and had a lunch of Greek salad, pork Souvlaki and pork chop in the same beach cafe we had drunk earlier.

At five o'clock we went back to the hotel. The walk to Votsalakia is about three kilometres but other than that an easy day.

Much later we took a walk along the harbour wall and took at closer look at the boats tied up there. Then back to the Kerkis Bay restaurant and had a single plate of meatballs and chips just to nibble at along with some drinks to finish the day.

As we finished at the restaurant there was lightning and thunder followed by rain when we got to the room,

Thursday 16th June, 2011

Down to breakfast at
Ormos HarbourOrmos HarbourOrmos Harbour

Just a pretty picture of a boat
0915, then back to get set up for the day and eventually left the room at 1115. Our first task was to see if we could find out more information about getting to Pythagoria tomorrow with the help from the lady on reception. The short version of the story is that we are getting a taxi.

An even easier day was the plan with a gentle walk and we headed east along the coast and walked for a couple of hours at a very slow pace. The town runs out very quickly and there are houses dotted along the shoreline, but not in great numbers. Just before we turned back at what might have been a place called Velanidia we came across what looked like old aqueduct arches leading down to the sea, as yet I have been unable to find out more about them so they are currently a mystery.

We had a drink at the hotel but weren't hungry enough for a meal so bought some snacks in the Proton supermarket and took them back to the room to eat.

We had a relaxing afternoon and went out for some dinner at 7 o'clock and ate at the Lekatis restaurant; Greek salad, Pork Souvlaki and moussaka with half carafe wine, coke and water the bill was €25.50 and we were given a free dessert each.

Whilst we were in the restaurant listening to the Greek music over the speakers, I replicated some of the sounds, like you do, and Pat accused me of playing "air bouzouki" - the equivalent of air guitar - which I found very amusing.

Back to the room for nine o'clock.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb