Home Away From Home


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Sivota
May 26th 2012
Published: May 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

UploadedFile3UploadedFile3UploadedFile3

Kevin in his favourite repose! Notice the painting...
Thought some of you might be curious to see what we call 'home' for a few months every year.

Not much bigger than some of your cupboards. But we love it.....

An old yachting tradition is to have a painting in the saloon of your yacht - usually of a boat - but we chose to have a painting which reminded us of home! So we have a lovely painting (rather chocolate boxish) of the mountains.

As I am sure some of you are aware, many European yachties are lucky enough to be able to sail with their animals on board. (They bring them with them from Europe or UK, usually by car or on the boat).

We were rather envious of this and so adopted a pair of cats. Their names are Ari and Jacquie - named in honour of Aristotle and Jacquie Onassis, who owned an island called Skorpios in this area. In fact it is the focal point of the view from one of our other favourite spots called Spilia or Spartahori (or Steve and Jerry's).

The island still belongs to the granddaughter of Aristotle Onassis, but apparently it is up for sale,
UploadedFile4UploadedFile4UploadedFile4

Our cabin.
and whenever we see a really BIG, FANCY yacht in the area there is much speculation as to which famous person is on it and are they out here to look at the island with a view to purchasing it. Last year the hot gossip was Madonna....!

Another lovely yachting tradition in the Med - well, certainly in Greece - is to have a basil plant on your yacht. And so this year we have a new addition to the family. His name is Manwell. I've never had a pet plant before! ?

And don't forget the 'children', of course! Going on holiday would just not be the same without them..! ??


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

UploadedFile5UploadedFile5
UploadedFile5

The boat cats. Ari and Jacquie
UploadedFile7UploadedFile7
UploadedFile7

Saloon, chart table and aft cabin
UploadedFile10UploadedFile10
UploadedFile10

Very BIG galley - for all the cooking on board I do...!
UploadedFile11UploadedFile11
UploadedFile11

The latest addition to our family. Manwell, the basil plant! :-)
UploadedFile0UploadedFile0
UploadedFile0

Washday! Hooray, the sun is shining. Notice the twin passerels... No prizes for guessing who has arrived in Greece!
UploadedFile0UploadedFile0
UploadedFile0

The 'children'.


Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb