Our first day in Nidri


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Lefkada
March 19th 2009
Published: May 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It rained last night, but today was a beautifully clear day. The view from our balcony takes in the bluish green water of the bay, the marina with glittering white yachts, and the green pine trees on the far shore and islands. Even at this time of year, it is an idyllic scene.

We slept in late this morning, after an early start and long day yesterday. We hadn't had much of a chance yet to check out the town, so after breakfast we went for a walk. The town is certainly equipped for tourism with dozens of restaurants, cafes, and small shops though they are all still closed right now. Across the street is a sign for INTERNET so we went to check it out. Unfortunately it seems to be permanently closed. Further up the road, we found an English language book store - quite a find given how much trouble we had finding one in Athens. We spent a bit of time browsing there before walking further up the main road. With so many marinas and a focus on yachting here, there were a number of sailing goods stores as well as a number of supermarkets. We bought food in one of these stores and headed back to the apartment for lunch and an afternoon of school work.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb