Sitting at the docks until 0:00hrs


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Epirus » Igoumenitsa
January 10th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

ViewViewView

This was the view for our coffee spot. Yes that is snow!
Geo: 39.5046, 20.2599

Great day arrived early and booked the ferry, streamlined process and bugger me if it cost less than the Wadi Halfa ferry.

Only one concern was our booking showed we had an allocated seat and the chap assured us we would get a cabin at checkin.... Well we were not going to hold our breath..

Okay now picture this, because we are in the EU there is no passport control or immigration.. great.. the ferry is due to arrive at 11:00pm and depart 12:00 midnight, so we parked the car at dock number 11 with a whole pile of trucks and vehicles... it is dark with a thunderstorm all around and it is very very cold. so Lisa and i fell asleep in the Shorty while it was running with the heaters on flat out.. It was so cold i did not even want to get out for a cigarette now that is cold.

Ferry arrived 12:30am and all boarded in a very organised fashion.. we arrive at the desk and get allocated a cabin... a chap asks us if he can show us the way... of we go.. and.. it was great, nice beds with a private shower and toilet.


Advertisement



17th January 2010

Everything good comes to those that wait long enough! Lets hope the rest of the trip will be as easy as this

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb