Day 6 Chania Crete


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Chania
May 10th 2013
Published: June 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This is the last port day of a marvelous cruise with lots of ports. We are tired on this day and in no hurry to get up, around and off the ship. We have no plans with no tour scheduled.

Though we could sleep in we are up early. Breakfast in our room, which you get nice choices on the Junior Suite menu. We take our time as we are thinking it might rain, though it clears off for us! So we disembark and for 3 Euro per person we have round trip tickets on the city bus to town then back. Not a bad deal.

The bus drops you off in the heart of shopping. There is a very busy market with anything an everything imaginable for sale. From meats, vegetables, fruits to gift soap. This market has two isles in a cross formation. You have one from north to south and east to west. Outside of this building is like a downtown shopping area. Up the street is another market area with many stores, lots of good and people hawking their goods. There were lots of pottery and leather goods here. The shopping here is much like Athens and from my experience, the Mexican border towns to the US. The shop keepers are very interested in getting a sale. They are quick to try and get you into their store. I do not observe the smoking that was observed in Athens.

We found a nice outdoor coffee café with free Wi-Fi! This gave us time to catch up the best we could! Realize the internet here is not speedy. Reminds me of the dial up mode we started with. Just nice that it is free!Then a stop at the public restrooms. These are not for the handicap or those females who cannot squat! At least they are free! A small hole in the ground with porcelain over it. There is a picture among the uploads.

Back to the ship by bus for the last dress up affair.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb