Chania


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Chania
August 19th 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Chania is a favourite and we had decided to have one night there before leaving Crete for Piraeus. We had a wonderful little hotel right in the middle of the old town and managed to find some parking (after many attempts) close by. The hotel itself was above a trinkets shop, but was really traditional. We had a four-poster and two single beds.

Chania was hot, though. It was upper-30s and had almost no breeze, with heat radiating from the stone of the buildings. I think everyone had had enough of the heat by this time, so we spent a slow time, meandering. Asha and Jay made their first, fully-independent purchases and treated themselves to a jumping spider (air-powered) each. They were very pleased with themselves. They were also very pleased with the little budgies in the shop just down the lane that seemed to talk to them. In the evening we decided to have a break from Greek food and had a simple Chinese/Thai dinner (good enough or rather different enough we had lunch there too the following day) and took an early night in our lovely room.

After breakfast, we wandered around the shops for a few hours, Onita keeping an eye out for a table lamp for the hall. Sadly, none was found here. We left in the afternoon for Heraklion for our ferry to Piraeus. We havn’t down this route much, always preferring to fly to Chania, but wow it really is a lovely coastal road in parts where it does make up for the journey time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb