Crete Red Arrows


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Chania » Platanias
May 22nd 2011
Published: May 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 21st May, 2011

We went for a short stroll in the early evening nothing too much as both our legs were still not cooperating fully.

We ended up back at the apartments and stopped for a drink. To say the barman is extroverted would be this years understatement.

The reception area has wireless internet so I posted a blog and Pat was talking to some young Norwegian girls while waiting for me.

We went back to the room which completed the day.

Sunday 22nd May 2011

We woke had a coffee, showered and headed off to Hania, we parked in the underground car park again and walked to the Old Harbour.

We had some coffees and then ambled around deciding on a place to view the Red Arrows display.

On the western side we saw chairs laid out and as we went round spotted one of the blues and then Red 10. So we hung around.

At 1130 the Red Arrows commenced the display we could hear Red 10 but the sound was bouncing around and couldn't make out very well what he was saying.

A wonderful display and it makes you proud to be British, to see something like this.

There were a considerable number of people watching and most of the restaurants were being kept busy.

The Cypriots have been offered a free display at Paphos, because the Red Arrows train at Akrotiri in Cyprus but the Cypriots won't allow them to fly there.

They give all sorts of reasons, including it's bad for the environment; which is laughable if you see the way that they treat their own countryside as one big tip. The main reason is they don't want anything from their past colonial masters who were so nasty to them. They also say no one would want to see them, but if you saw the people here in Hania as an example, you know that's just not true.

After the display we walked up to the town then back to the car.

We had lunch in the beach area near the apartment, today a place called Andreas and we had a Greek salad, stuffed beefburger and pork fillet, very pleasant lunch with the sun shining on us.

We headed back and had a peaceful afternoon.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb