Death and Decay


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Thessaloniki
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Death and Decay

You may be wondering why I would choose such a morbid title for this post. Well a few days ago our good friend Chubby ate some poison and and i witnessed his slow painful death. "Franc" rushed off to get him a shot from the vet that might help counter act the poison but it had no effect. In the moment just before Chubby passed there was a great feeling of peace I could feel in his body then he was gone. It was almost as if he realized the struggle was over and he could leave his body.

We took his body and left it out by a nice tree not far from one of the local dump sites. We were trying to decide if we should cremate him bury him or follow Buddhist practice of giving the body as one last gift to feed the animals. We decided that would be the best option.

Strangely enough since Chubby died it has been rainy and chilly here in the village. The other strange occurrence is that lots of random stray dogs seem to find us and follow us around for a while. One such dog we named Ghost Dog met up with us when we were exploring an old rail road depot and lumber mill, as well as an old "haunted" house. I took several pictures of these places so that is the majority of the images here.

The other place in the photos is an old burial tomb we had the chance to explore. It was located in side of a large hilll and had very large arched ceilings and on the ground near the entrance were large stone doors.

When the weather gets nicer we are going to go exploring a few other places in the area and try and go camping at some point. There is a bit of a time crunch as i am heading to Bangalore, India on the morning of February 10th to visit Amma Karunamayi and hopefully trek to visit the ashram of Sri Ramana Maharishi located at the foot hills of Mount Arunachala.

Anyway much love and gratitude (according to Dr. Emoto love and gratitude are the most powerful words he found in his experiments with water crystals. These two words have the power to help purify and restructure water. Next time you drink some water offer it your love and gratitude for all it does for you)

OMMMMMM

Maruti


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



23rd February 2009

om
you point your camera in interesting directions. I am very intrigued by your journeys. sending energy to you across the seas, Estathea

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb