First Post- Port town of Rafina!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

MYTHOS MYTHOS MYTHOS

GOTTA LOVE IT
Hey there folks...

Well, after a awesome wedding and a not so bad flight, we are finally in Greece! The flight could not have been better, even though we were in coach. Maybe it was the dramamine combined with sleeping pills. The seats were pretty comfortable and there really wasn't much turbulance. Customs, baggage claim and the taxi ride to the hotel were all completed within an hour. After check in at the Hotel Avra, where we scored complementary slippers and a bottle of wine for our honeymoon, we went for lunch at a cute Italian trattoria. The pizza was amazing and very inexpensive. I can see Kevin falling in love with Mythos beer already. Luckily there were about 20 stray dogs who were happy to eat my leftover pizza crust.

The port town is actually pretty charming with shops, vendors, fresh fish and tons of sea front cafes. The truth is, we're just really excited for our ferry ride tomorrow morning to Mykonos (cue the dance music, beach parties and designer shops we can't afford)!

Well, signing off now so Kevin can check up on the NFL games that he missed today (5,000 mi away and he
HOTEL BALCONYHOTEL BALCONYHOTEL BALCONY

GREAT SEAVIEWS
still won't forget about football)! More tomorrow when we arrive on the islands!!

Love,

Christina

p.s. Thanks to everyone for such an amazing wedding, to Brian and Donna for lending us their camera and my bridesmaids for the camcorder to document this adventure.

p.s.s We swear we are not bloggers. First Time ever....

Advertisement



10th September 2007

Thank you for prompt news of your honeymoon
It was only about yesterday that we saw you. This is so cool to see your pictures and to hear about your arrival to this far away land of greece. (from Kevin's California cousin Michael)
13th September 2007

great travel blog
Glad to see you received my comment, I sent it from my iphone the day after the wedding, I wasn't sure if it went through. Are you getting a lot of hits / views to your blog? I would think so, in a number of emails I keep getting reminders to visit your blog. I like all the pix, especially the ones of the girls in bikini's on the beach—just kidding. I sent your photo as requested for the Staten Island Advance newspaper wedding announcement. Keep having fun and reporting back to us.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb