A cool stroll about Athina


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica
September 7th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.9795, 23.7162

Left mid to late morning on our stroll, later departures are becoming usual for us as we are taking it rather easier than last year. However, about a hour later around Hadrian's Arch, the Rain God frowned upon us, and we beat a hasty retreat back to the apt. Couple of hours later the clouds lost the battle to the blue sky and away we went. Began in fairly comfortable temperatures, but toward the later afternoon as began our trek home (of course largely uphill) the temp rose and perspiration flowed. Arriving back home we rung out our shirts, enjoyed the cool, and HP (along with pacman) saved the entire planet from the ghosts.

Unfortunately the air heads must depart Athens in the morning for Barcelona. We scheduled way too little time here, wonderful place and wonderful people. The rock the Acropolis is built upon is a beautiful and dominating structure. The ancients assumed gods lived there. Given how the rock erupts from the land, this may be understandable.

Later this evening we will be back at our next door restaurant for the fourth time! Wish we could take it with us. Sorry Baby Bird, we know we should try other places, but just not here as the locals and the food are great.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb