By The Beard of Zeus


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
August 11th 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Following the biggest gong show of our young lives we happily arrived in Athens. One of the few brightsides to Greece's economic collapse is that you can stay in a 3 star hotel for the same price as a footlong sandwhich at subway. With no real desire to spend much time in the main city and fear of a possible future riot, we decided to get all of our plans made to sail towards the Greek island of Ios. Once the plans were written in stone, we hopped on the metro in search of the Olympic summer games stadium. After we walked through the abandoned grounds and saw the pool was the only thing still in tact, we realized what the Greek bail out was for. Without much appreciation for Greek mythology we still felt it was necessary to visit our good friend Zeus. Though pictures were taken we had no ambition to pay the entrance fee and gain fifteen feet on the mighty god of thunder. Exhausted from our travels and excited for our plans ahead we kept our visit breif and had an early night. This being the best of our continental breakfasts the gaping bowl of peaches alone made our short stay in Athens memorable. Time to forget the next week of our trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb